How to make good pictures: share your experience

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks Bram. I figured it out yesterday by myself.

I never used the flash up till that moment ;)

Chris

Andries

Post by Andries »

Flybe wrote:i want/need to buy one anyway, so it's a perfect time to invest a little bit more money into a camera and take it up as a hobby. Although i do not have too much money to spend on it (also because i'm just living together now 8) ). So what i'm searching for: a good camera, with preferably a good zoom, for a sharp price.
Ever considered this one ? :arrow: www.top-foto.de?artnum=MINDZ3SET3

Sharp price and excellent quality ! SHipping cost shouldn't be that much (about 15 to 20€ I think)

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

Avro

Post by Avro »

Although I'm not a pro you can send them to me and I will give it a try. I have some time tonight ;)

Chris

Avro

Post by Avro »

I need some advice of some good photographers please :)

The following two pictures has been rejected for badquality on airliners.net :( but I would really like to see it in the DB.

Can some one tell me how I can improve the quality please ?

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/reje ... is_hnf.jpg

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/reje ... 04_hnf.jpg

Many thanks

Chris

Rago

Post by Rago »

The first one is what we've been talking about on the chat Avro... Hazy, "strange" (pale) colors.
Me too am fighting with some prob... :evil:
So also listening to get THE answer :wink:

Avro

Post by Avro »

I see what you are talking about Rago, but it isn't the windwo which gave the effect. I made a lot of other pictures from the same window without any haze or yelloswish colour on them.....

It's strange indeed...

Chris

Avro

Post by Avro »

Is there nobody able to help ? :(

Chris

contrailwatcherUK

Post by contrailwatcherUK »

hi everyone,

my equipment:

Canon Powershot A95 and a telescope ;)

I dont live near airports so i can only spot high altitude contrail aircraft which i get a lot of. I use a telescope to see the aircraft/airline and sometimes i can point the lens of the camera into the eyepiece of the telescope and obtain some good photos.

Jense

Post by Jense »

sn690 wrote:So guys, if I use TV on my Canon EOS 300D , wich shutterspeed do I need to have for nice sharp pictures? 1/2500? or 1/1250 or another ???
A shutter speed of 1/2500 is rather high and quite unusual. In good weather conditions, one should be able to photograph with 1/1000 and f5,6 and ISO 200 or something like that (f value depends on your lens, it's up to you to search the best and sharpest f value on the 75-300).
sn690 wrote:And I shoot pictures now with ISO 200 but if their is almost no sun , I may take ISO 400 , right?
That's correct indeed. But remember: the more ISO, the more grain.

Andries

Post by Andries »

sn690 wrote:So guys, if I use TV on my Canon EOS 300D , wich shutterspeed do I need to have for nice sharp pictures? 1/2500? or 1/1250 or another ???
I never go over 1/800.

Usually for very nice weather I am around 1/640 and for less weather I al somewhere around 1/500 or even 1/400, all on ISO 100 (and also 75-300).

Greetz,

Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

ehamspotter

Post by ehamspotter »

Andries wrote:
I never go over 1/800.

Usually for very nice weather I am around 1/640 and for less weather I al somewhere around 1/500 or even 1/400, all on ISO 100 (and also 75-300).

Greetz,

Hello;

Aren't your pictures a bit blury then, I use AV on a 350D, and somethimes the pics. are a bit blurry.

rgds:Jeroen

Avro

Post by Avro »

What lens are you using ?

I would shoot at ISO 100.

At first appearance the pictures look grainy and a little bit oversharpened.

Chris

Tommypilot

Post by Tommypilot »

Sn690,

As Chris said, maybe you can try to shoot at ISO100 in such a weather?
I never had problems shooting at ISO200. The grain is just due the sharpening tactics you use...

Watch out for the contrast between lightened parts and unlightened parts (like the belly).

Your pictures are (in my honest opinion) not oversharpend. The Jetairfly 737 is a little bit oversharpened but its good enough for pp.net.

ehamspotter

Post by ehamspotter »

Hello;

Which photoshop you people use, because the thing i have isn't very good.

rgds:Jeroen

Beloxi

Post by Beloxi »

Hello everyone,

Since a couple of weeks I'm experiencing some problems with my Canon EOS300D. When I take a serie of pictures, some of them seem to be overexposed. Even if I take several pictures of the same plane, in the same mode, some of them are overexposed.
I normally shoot in the 'P' or 'TV' mode.
Is there someone who knows what the problem could be, and even more important, how I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Greetz,
Nik

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Beloxi wrote:Hello everyone,

Since a couple of weeks I'm experiencing some problems with my Canon EOS300D. When I take a serie of pictures, some of them seem to be overexposed. Even if I take several pictures of the same plane, in the same mode, some of them are overexposed.
I normally shoot in the 'P' or 'TV' mode.
Is there someone who knows what the problem could be, and even more important, how I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Greetz,
Nik
Hi Nik,

I've had the same problem with my 10D, and it was the lightmeter that was broken, maybe the same problem?

Bram

anjin

Post by anjin »

I have a Canon EOS 350D with a 75-300 mm lens, i'm only using "auto" at the moment as i learn to use the camera. When taking pictures of aircraft at holding positions so fairly stationary, the registrations come out a little "broken" and the focus is maybe not as sharp as it could be.

Any offers?
In basic camera speak please!

Avro

Post by Avro »

anjin wrote:I have a Canon EOS 350D with a 75-300 mm lens, i'm only using "auto" at the moment as i learn to use the camera. When taking pictures of aircraft at holding positions so fairly stationary, the registrations come out a little "broken" and the focus is maybe not as sharp as it could be.

Any offers?
In basic camera speak please!
Hi anjin,

First suggestion: stop using automatic mode.

:arrow: set your ISO as low as possible 100 or 200 if bad conditions

:arrow: Try to shoot in either TV or AV mode

This should already help a lot.

Just my 2 cents

Have fun
Chris