Publishing news on both main site and forums

Give your feedback, make new suggestions to improve https://www.aviation24.be, is there anything else we can do for you?
convair

Publishing news on both main site and forums

Post by convair »

sn26567 wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 00:56
Passenger wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 00:39 Flights now from CGN Cologne/Bonn to Cape Town and to Havana will soon be moved to Dusseldorf:

Frankfurter Allgemeine:
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/e ... 27798.html
We published that yesterday: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufth ... usseldorf/
[I apologize to every reader for this off-topic comment, but I believe it could have some merit here anyway]:

That seems to happen a lot: people who visit the forum page do not necessarily visit the home page, and vice versa of course.
I for one have the forum page in my favorites and only visit the home page occasionnally or if I'm interested to know more about a subject that has a link from the forum page to the home page.

Otoh, the home page provides a lot of links to the forum page, which, imho, are not that useful for those who visit the forum page first.

Ideally for me, all articles in the home page should be reachable with a link from the forum page.

May I suggest you run a survey about this, maybe in view of adapting to your visitors' habits?

In any case, congratulations for the good and interesting work performed by your team!!! :)

Sincerely,
convair

sn26567

Re: Eurowings in 2018

Post by sn26567 »

convair wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 17:29 Ideally for me, all articles in the home page should be reachable with a link from the forum page.
Indeed.

We often do it, but sometimes the workload makes us forget. Apologies for that! We'll try to do better in the future.
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

sn26567 wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 17:34
convair wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 17:29 Ideally for me, all articles in the home page should be reachable with a link from the forum page.
Indeed.

We often do it, but sometimes the workload makes us forget. Apologies for that! We'll try to do better in the future.
Thank you for the answer. And, please, no apologies: I realize the workload all this represents!

My humble suggestion of a survey is indeed aimed at potentially containing or maybe restraining the workload: If (big IF) most people visit the forum first (like I do), you could possibly do away with the one line news in the home page, leaving it (almost?) exclusively for the more elaborate articles (accessible through a link from the forum page :) ).

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

convair wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 18:23 My humble suggestion of a survey is indeed aimed at potentially containing or maybe restraining the workload: If (big IF) most people visit the forum first (like I do), you could possibly do away with the one line news in the home page, leaving it (almost?) exclusively for the more elaborate articles (accessible through a link from the forum page :) ).
Our statistics show that people visit our main news pages and our forums in approximately the same number.
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

sn26567 wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 19:24
convair wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 18:23 My humble suggestion of a survey is indeed aimed at potentially containing or maybe restraining the workload: If (big IF) most people visit the forum first (like I do), you could possibly do away with the one line news in the home page, leaving it (almost?) exclusively for the more elaborate articles (accessible through a link from the forum page :) ).
Our statistics show that people visit our main news pages and our forums in approximately the same number.
I see. Thanks!

luchtzak

Re: Publishing news on both main site and forums

Post by luchtzak »

I checked the possibility to add a news ticker on top of every forum page, but I think it will overload the page. I truly believe that a visit to the main page is worthwhile! If you like to discuss an item just include the url of that article!