Don't feed the troll!

Give your feedback, make new suggestions to improve https://www.aviation24.be, is there anything else we can do for you?
Stij

Don't feed the troll!

Post by Stij »

I found this a very nice summary!

Cheers,

Stij

Lysexpat

Re: Don't feed the troll!

Post by Lysexpat »

Fully agree, but please change the title into trollS

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Lysexpat wrote:Fully agree, but please change the title into trollS
+1 ;)

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

The troll who needs to be fed is a of an inferior quality, it's a trolleke.
The best trolls needn't be fed; they like the "hit and run", the Parthian shot, and then retire to see what happens.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Personnally I think that a few too many are trying to use luchtzak.be as their private SN fan club, which turns every discussion into a SN vs. FR discussion.

But guess what? When there is no thread criticising SN, you see them no-where and all you see on this forum is the spotters topics.
Just look at the A321NEO-LR discussion.
Where are Passenger, Inquirer, Tolipanebas and all the rest? No-where to be seen.

So yes, I'm going to speak my mind, no matter if I feed those trolls.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Flanker2 wrote:Just look at the A321NEO-LR discussion: where are Passenger, Inquirer, Tolipanebas and all the rest? No-where to be seen.
Thank you for the personal invite, but I wonder what my contribution could be to such a technical topic?

Any posts of mine there can't be of much value to that discussion nor am I in fact much interested in such kind of technical issues if I may, so I simply refrain from taking up the role to serve as just audience all together.

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

Trolling is just a word .. convenient to use to give oneself a respectful image..
And it's typically targetting a person which should be a big NO NO on any well behaved forum.
Everybody should keep his own house in order. The moderation team should do their job, meaning systematically "moderating" the semantically empty posts.
.. I am sure a significant fraction of the posts would disappear. It would certainly make the reading experience more pleasant.
Everyone can recognise when a post is of added value, respectful of the poster and audience and with content.
Some posts here are IMO too much about personal emotions, with blatent lack of care and empty content !
At times it looks like a soccer match with fans from both teams unfair to each other and mods trying to control things.
My grandmother used to say : "Turn 7 times your tongue in your mouth to decide if talking is better than keeping silent".
To come back to the title of this thread, I would say
1- Feed the aviation related topics and posts ... whoever the poster might be, his background, his level of expertise, his "feelings". .. There is not enougn feeding on this regard IMO.
2- Respect the opinions which are not yours. Otherwise what's the use of a discussion Forum ? People are supposed to come here bcs they believe they can progress from other's point of views and from articulating their own point of view. Maening acknowledging they can be wrong at times.
3- Just say thank you people disagree with you, provided it's sustained with a coherent message.
Just my opinion, anyways I am not very regular here .. but who knows ?
Last edited by sn-remember on 31 Oct 2014, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

Av24.be

Post by Av24.be »

What are my Friends and Foes lists?
You can use these lists to organise other members of the board. Members added to your friends list will be listed within your User Control Panel for quick access to see their online status and to send them private messages. Subject to template support, posts from these users may also be highlighted. If you add a user to your foes list, any posts they make will be hidden by default.

How can I add / remove users to my Friends or Foes list?
You can add users to your list in two ways. Within each user’s profile, there is a link to add them to either your Friend or Foe list. Alternatively, from your User Control Panel, you can directly add users by entering their member name. You may also remove users from your list using the same page.
faq.php#f6r0