30/03/2012 Website works this evening/night

Give your feedback, make new suggestions to improve https://www.aviation24.be, is there anything else we can do for you?
luchtzak

30/03/2012 Website works this evening/night

Post by luchtzak »

Some important server works are necessary, they will be performed this evening/night (from 24:00). Saturday morning the website should be back up!

luchtzak

Re: 30/03/2012 Website works this evening/night

Post by luchtzak »

Last week the server got "corrupted", the hosting company opted for a clean install and a virus check of all files. I decided to start this operation on friday night to have the website back online saturday morning or saturday afternoon at the latest. I don't want to tell the entire story but at the end the website was back online only this morning! Please accept my apologies for the downtime, it has been 8 solid years on our server but 3 full days is simply unacceptable.

Thanks for all the "where is the website"-mails!

Note: messages posted last saturday have disappeared, please write them again :crazy:

regi

Post by regi »

luchtzak wrote:Last week the server got "corrupted", the hosting company opted for a clean install and a virus check of all files. I decided to start this operation on friday night to have the website back online saturday morning or saturday afternoon at the latest. I don't want to tell the entire story but at the end the website was back online only this morning! Please accept my apologies for the downtime, it has been 8 solid years on our server but 3 full days is simply unacceptable.

Thanks for all the "where is the website"-mails!

Note: messages posted last saturday have disappeared, please write them again :crazy:
Okay, that makes sence.
I checked your website from 3 different addresses ( it could always been possible that I was banned for one or other reason...)
I did this after I had checked my Mac's (4) and 3 PC . I had done a special clean up of the cache. No improvement, well, not on Luchtak, but it improved acces to some other websites.
So, after all, a glitch that was out of your power. Must have been pretty frustrating.
And I am glad that the problem was nowhere in my systems.I was very concerned because it came at the same moment that I transfered from ASL to VDSL, and it is not yet working properly.
Let's roll again :P

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Our team took down a good deal of applications and websites Friday evening last, everything was expected to be up by Saturday noon but we sorted out the last problems only on Monday afternoon. I know well enough how delicate today's IT systems are, and will not blame anybody - least of all an innocent customer - which I understand to be Luchtzak's position in this matter.

No need to apologise, Bart, keep up the good work, and sincerely THANK YOU!

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Thanks for the support!

Yet an issue on the high server load needs to be solved and a few tweaks hier and daar!

jan_olieslagers

an issue on the high server load
Hm. Would a requirement of ELP level 4 be a solution?
(sorry, couldn't resist)

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

jan_olieslagers wrote:
an issue on the high server load
Hm. Would a requirement of ELP level 4 be a solution?
(sorry, couldn't resist)
I will be the first to say that my English language needs to improve, my French too ! But your reaction is unfair, everybody has understood that we are currently facing high loads on the server that needs to be solved.

jan_olieslagers

Apologies Bart, I was not meaning anybody in particular, yourself least of all.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

jan_olieslagers wrote:Apologies Bart, I was not meaning anybody in particular, yourself least of all.
Accepted ! ;-)

PS: I have too much on my head to focus !

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Haha,

Jan, maybe that would help the server but if you want some discussions and some nice stories you better cope/have peace with the english level of the most of us..
Improvement is always nice,but in first place it's an aviation hobby site..
Had this discussion a long time ago,but couldn't resist either not to react again..
I prefer nice aviation stories above an excellent language..

Besides I picked up a special conversation last week between tower and crew in france,didn't hear one word of english or you must see boeing 717 as english!
So maybe better turn the site in french,would be one of the real belgian languages and could lead to a better understanding of our dual split community lol!

Or it would be very very silent..

greetz,
cxb
New types flown 2022.. A339