Question to Moderators - General Aviation Forum

Give your feedback, make new suggestions to improve https://www.aviation24.be, is there anything else we can do for you?
OO-PAL

Question to Moderators - General Aviation Forum

Post by OO-PAL »

Dear moderators,

Apologies if this is not the right forum to post this question.

Is there a General Aviation forum on Luchtzak (or elsewhere) where current PPLs can exchange ideas on their passion in Belgium ? I haven't found anything.

Good landings,

OO-PAL

DeltaWiskey

Re: Question to Moderators - General Aviation Forum

Post by DeltaWiskey »

I always thought this was a spotters forum...

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

No this forum is mainly written by armchair airline managers.
Aviators can be found at http://www.piloten.be (where they finally got rid of the spam haunt).

Edit: and don't be put off by most messages being in Dutch - seeing where you fly, I take it you're a French speaker, and I can't imagine anyone at piloten.be would object to writings in French. Then again, our famous Flemish education is not so superbly fantastic as some want to believe, not everybody understands French so you might prefer to write in English. Or make it a training exercise for your ever improving Dutch? ;)

OO-PAL

Post by OO-PAL »

Dank U, Jan ! ;-)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

This "Civil Aviation" forum is the right place to discuss your hobby or your passion.

If there is real interest, I am sure we could open a new General Aviation forum. As a kind of referendum, all of you who are interested may express their interest hereafter with a post!
André
ex Sabena #26567

regi

Post by regi »

euh, is this website with all the different fora not a general aviation forum already?
Maybe I missed the point.

Suggestion to OO-PAL:
try us out, shoot your shot, please become active and send some topics. Under "forums" you find all kinds of different items.
Most of us are pretty friendly - depending if we had our regular supply of Valium :)
And if somebody crosses the line, he/she gets a personnal reminder by the moderator. I got one - just one I think, hope, at the beginning of my membership. :oops:

By my membership here I came in personnal touch with some interesting people, even business wise.

You will find out that not all subjects will receive similar attention by members. It is quite democratic: the people rule. ( and the moderator is emperor :P ) But I mean, don't get upset if you launch a subject that attracts few response.

But just do it, you can do little harm.

And bashing is quite seldom. It has happened and it builds up gradually untill the moderator steps in or the basher feels the wall of resistance by the majority. Members who are looking for adoration because they invented the hot water soon find out that they belong somewhere else.

And don't fear the integrity of the moderators. Personnal details are never published, not even in heavy cases. So, it is quite a mature environment.

Welcome at Luchtzak. :mrgreen: