Introducing a fee to use Luchtzak services?

Give your feedback, make new suggestions to improve https://www.aviation24.be, is there anything else we can do for you?

Are you in favour of a 5 euro membership fee each year and would you pay?

Total votes: 0

Vinnie-Winnie

Introducing a fee to use Luchtzak services?

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Hi ya,

If Bart introduced a fee of say 5 euros a year, would it not not help this forum become better quality wise?

Especially thinking about this measure to avoid kiddie posts which are so annoying! In a sense we'd create some barrier to entry!

What do you think?

b720

Post by b720 »

And "kiddies" can not pay euro 5 / year?

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

b720 wrote:And "kiddies" can not pay euro 5 / year?
U got me ;) or at least it is much more of a hassle to join!

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

well maybe the extra hassle will scare off a lot of people and thus might be negative for the forums as a lot of people that do have knowledge about certain stuff aren't always prepared to pay 5 euros to give their expert advise...

Besides if you want a paid forum, join a.net (and I don't think luchtzak is as bad as some posts there...)

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Hm. What is a kiddie post? Opening with "Hi yall" or so? Writing "U" instead of "you"? Remember the time you were a kiddie yourself, it is not that long past! There's some youngsters round here (at least they sound like youngsters to me) that can write and spell far better than some old farts. If you wish to raise the forum's level of quality, rigid moderation is the only way IMHO - but I know it requires a lot of work, besides unavoidably offending well-intending newcomers.

As a side-thought: if a fee needs to be paid, shouldn't it be highest for the wealthy? Retired people with state pensions surely should be the biggest payers! Not to mention B747 captains of course, did you know the B747 has a hump over the cockpit so the pilots can sit on their wallets?

And then again: what's to be done with all that money? Luchtzak's yearly BBQ at the Sandhill? Not very fair to foreign members...

No no, a membership fee would be hopelessly difficult to implement and would be unfair to the large majority of members. More rigid moderation OTOH would have all my support!

ElcoB

Post by ElcoB »

jan_olieslagers wrote: Luchtzak's yearly BBQ ....?
For 5 of those Euro's? WHERE? WHEN? In your garden? :)

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

ElcoB wrote:
jan_olieslagers wrote: Luchtzak's yearly BBQ ....?
For 5 of those Euro's? WHERE? WHEN? In your garden? :)
10 times 5 makes 50 :idea:
100 times 5 makes 500, should be far enough, no?

And I agree with jan-olieslagers here.
Tot hier en verder

Novastar

Post by Novastar »

with enough members, we invest in dedicated spotters facilites at BRU ! :P

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

My experience of online forums (as simple user and as moderator) shows that it's the same problem everywhere, and that there's no "magic bullet" to get rid of these little "disturbances".

In other words, it's inherent to the use of anonymous forums. It's a strength but also a weakness and you have to deal with it.

Anyway, you're always the moron of somebody else ! :lol:

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

Novastar wrote:with enough members, we invest in dedicated spotters facilites at BRU ! :P
That would be nice!! But are you going to try to convince the local authorities etc ?? :wink:

Greetz,
Rutger

bits44

Post by bits44 »

I know bandwidth costs lots of money and hosting the server is not cheap, but covering costs with advertising is they way to go! there are so many forums and services that enthusiasts engage in that costs begin to become prohibitive.

Granted so many of our new members are young and enthusiastic and they make mistakes, just as we all did when we were young, but we all gained maturity and good judgment as we grew older as they will, guidance and good advice is a better way to a better forum, not making it too expensive.
There are no strangers in the world, just friends we have yet to meet.

stevie

Post by stevie »

jan_olieslagers wrote:Hm. What is a kiddie post? Opening with "Hi yall" or so? Writing "U" instead of "you"? Remember the time you were a kiddie yourself, it is not that long past! There's some youngsters round here (at least they sound like youngsters to me) that can write and spell far better than some old farts. If you wish to raise the forum's level of quality, rigid moderation is the only way IMHO - but I know it requires a lot of work, besides unavoidably offending well-intending newcomers.
Just introduce the spell chek again

(Kiddie post? :? :) )

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

stevie wrote:Just introduce the spell chek again
Motion seconded.

luchtzak.be (or luchtzak.com for those who prefer it) is and will remain free!
André
ex Sabena #26567