For SNBA persons

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

A318

For SNBA persons

Post by A318 »

Sorry to bother you but i asked this question before and got no answer on it. As you probably know I am busy with a position inside SNBA since my position with KLM is going to be ended next year due to a major reducing cost plan. What I would like to know is how many vacation days you get in Belgium, do you also get aditional ADV/ATV days and how are the arangements for flying standby etc? Is there maybe somebody who can give me an answer on this? It is for a ground position but I think this will not make any differences with flying personel.
A Whole Different Animal

Fiero

Post by Fiero »

What kind of ground position???? I myself am a technician. And what are ADV/ATV days otherwise say it in dutch. !
Greetz

A318

Post by A318 »

Fiero wrote:What kind of ground position???? I myself am a technician. And what are ADV/ATV days otherwise say it in dutch. !
Greetz
I am busy for the position of IT System Administrator (Cargo Sales).
Yesterday I had contact with SNBA and they ensured me next week they choose the person to work with, just laying under the mailbox for a week though ;)
ADV/ATV means you work 40 hours but you got a 38 or 36 hour contract. The hours you work more (2 or 4 a week) you receive in extra days of. A friend of me works with basf in Antwerp and receives 20 vacation days and 28 of those extra days, eventhough he gave it a different name then they call it in the Netherlands. So Fiero, if you work also as ground crew you can probably give me a little more information about this.
A Whole Different Animal

Fiero

Post by Fiero »

Hmmmm we have a kind of a self invented shift system.Most of the technician werk in 4 different shifts (early's, day's , late's and nights) And more dan 38 hours in the week. I have a 7 on 7 off shift.What means that a have to work 7 days a week and eah day in that week exists out of an 11 hour shift.But we are 7 days at home.But the shift system that you have I never heard off. Did the word flex fal maybe and do you get extra payment for it????
Greetzzzz

A318

Post by A318 »

Fiero, I have no idea how he called it. So you have 7 on 7 off not too bad also. I guess this will be different for the position I applied for since I have to visit also the stations in Africa etc. That means , if i get the position yes or no. Just leave it with this, I will have to keep my patience and ask it to Human Resources when everything ends positive, otherwise too bad :)
A Whole Different Animal

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Ground_crew,

tell the Human Resources that you are a member of the luchtzak-community ;-) You will get in right-away ;-)

Just kiddin' but I wish you good luck getting in the biggest Belgian airline!

ciao,

Bart
:rock:

A318

Post by A318 »

:jump2: Thanks Bart, but I think they will go first for the qualifications of the person in front of them and then for the membership of the luchtzak community :)
Anyway I hope ofcourse I will get the position because I like the atmosphere in the aviation industry and I can not imagine myself being out of it. Besides that if I get the position we will probably meet when I have to visit the stations in Africa, that will be a anniversary flight LOL :)
A Whole Different Animal