Hydraulic systems

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

L-1011

Hydraulic systems

Post by L-1011 »

Hi there,

This summer my student job consits of analyzing samples of airplane hydraulic oil samples from all around the world. 8) Some are clean others very old and dirty.
The oil comes from main hydraulic systems and brake systems of the aircraft. For those circiuits synthetic "oils" are used, instead of mineral which is still used inside the engines

I even had the pleasure to analyze OO-DWB and OO-DWI :lol:
And Bart I cans say that they are in good condition: :D:D
already greyish;that's normal for an oil that's being used for some time, because the original purple color has vanished :D

I'll keep you updated if any special and unusual aircraft "drops" :P by!!

Oh, by the way I saw a sample from D-ALCE lying around, I suppose it did a whole check and not just a WOW repaint. :roll: (see the 747 in Brussels discussion)

Ciao,

TriStar :wink:

sn26567

Re: Hydraulic systems

Post by sn26567 »

L-1011 wrote:This summer my student job consits of analyzing samples of airplane hydraulic oil samples from all around the world.
Are you also a chemist? (See under the "desinsection" topic of the "Latest aviation news" forum my experience in finding suitable insecticides for Sabena)
André
ex Sabena #26567

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

No, I'm not a chemist :cry: ;
I am a physics student (4th year), but as a summer job I a working at the company which sells Skydrol aviation fluids! As part of their service to their customers they offer free analysis of samples to judge if or if not it has to be replaced/topped-up, ..etc

ciao,
TriStar