Aviation Headset

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

louise1307

Aviation Headset

Post by louise1307 »

Hi all,

I'm currently looking to buy a proper headset.

I've heard a lot of things about the famous Bose A20 Bluetooth.

Do you know any site/shop to buy it for a good price?

Or any other headsets that are as good based on your experience?

Thanks for the advises!

**Safe landings**

jan_olieslagers

Re: Aviation Headset

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Depending on where you are based, you could visit Lambert at Kortrijk-Wevelgem EBKT airfield, they have an avionics shop too.

For recommendations, you could do worse things than to indicate what kind of flying you are doing now and what you intend to do in future - helicopters have rather different requirements, for one example.

There's nothing wrong with asking around at your airfield, and even try a few on.

With the A20 I have no experience, it is well beyond my budget. The general forum comment is that they are very good, but expensive. I understand there must be others, almost as good, at a more bearable price. Don't ask me which, though: again, this is not my corner of the market - I am quite happy with my old Peltor.

CaravanDriver

Post by CaravanDriver »

The Bose A20 is indeed the best you can find. I use it even for my job as our cockpits are a bit noisy. This gives the great advantage to play some music in the background during longer flights via the Bluetooth connection. Before I used the Senheiser S1, cheaper but also less good.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Perhaps interesting to read the discussion at http://www.euroga.org/forums/hangar-tal ... r-headset? about a (not noise-cancelling!) in-ear set - I have no experience but hear a lot of good about them - the price also!

Omychron

Post by Omychron »

The Bose A20 is nice, use it at work too.
Keep in mind it is really quite heavy, a problem you don't have with in-ears.
Also, the "hinge" on top isn't covered well with the soft padding, resulting in a painful spot on the top of your head after a few hours. Only an issue if you use it that long, off course. :)