Some observations on FR's BRU and CRL hybrid model

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Stij

Some observations on FR's BRU and CRL hybrid model

Post by Stij »

Good morning,

Yesterday I flew a day return to TSF from BRU on FR. and I have some thoughts...

This isn't bashing, It's feedback / worries...

1. Happy holidays!

Upon arrival they wish you welcome home or wish you a nice holiday... and what about me? If you fly so much business travelers, wishing a good business day isn't a bad idea.

2. TSF from 2 different airports.

Again, maybe holiday travelers don;t mind, but for business travelers, having a choice is important. And as most of them come by car to the airport, they can;t combine the two daily TSF flights from Belgium.

3. Is there a difference in price between CRL and BRU for TSF?

Oh yeah there is!!! I checked the roundtrip fares for one night trips from BRU and CRL to TSF next week and was very surprised:

Oct CRL BRU
26-27 206,98 89,98
27-28 221,98 66,98
28-29 263,98 59,98
29-30 292,98 104,98
30-31 SOLD 243,98

Again, this isn't bashing, but FR's cost base must be way higher in BRU then CRL and flights are sold for about a third of the CRL price! Filling up the BRU planes isn't easy apparently and I honestly wonder for how long this will continue... Are FR frequent fliers so used to CRL that they don't even check flights out of BRU?

I thought as well that maybe FR is offering these low fares to compete with SN, but the TSF flight is seldom full... whereas in CRL one is...

I repeat, this isn't bashing, I LOVE these cheap fares on my almost monthly Veneto trips. as day returns on SN still cost a fortune... so I'm worried...

Cheers,

Stij

sean1982

Re: Some observations on FR's BRU and CRL hybrid model

Post by sean1982 »

Hi Stij,

I think that the TSF is firstly aimed at the citytripper rather than the business man. But I agree that out of BRU VCE would be a better choice. Its been a few weeks since I last flew (busy with other things) but whenever I operated the TSF flights in the last couple of months they were 85-90% full.

Lastly, CRL seems to have a lot of people that book long time beforehand where as BRU has more last minute bookings. I was speaking to the COO a few weeks ago and the company seems to be happy with the way the BRU-CRL tandem works so far.

Grtz!

Stij

Re: Some observations on FR's BRU and CRL hybrid model

Post by Stij »

Hi Sean,

Apart from the fact that TSF is probably the worst designed for FR airport in FR's network, I don't care about it!

The problem is I can't drive my car to BRU (or take the train) in the morning, fly to TSF, spend the day in the Veneto, fly back with the evening flight to BRU and drive my car home because the evening flight arrives at CRL...
Until now on days 135 I could return from VRN to BRU, but that will end soon...

I hope the company remains happy...

Cheers,

Stij