Air France presents its new product in Brussels [pics]

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Air France presents its new product in Brussels [pics]

Post by sn26567 »

This 24 September, Air France officially presented its new long-haul seats at the "Arsenal" in Brussels. Only four journalists (me included) attended this presentation, but a cocktail thereafter was attended by many more people.

One important announcement: it will be possible to check baggage at the Air France desk of Brussels Midi station, until the final destination on Air France or any connecting Skyteam member airline. There are however some restrictions. Baggage must be registered the day before departure, or on one of the three afternoon TGV trains to CDG.

Air France bases its commercial strategy on three main ideas: Care, High Quality and Pleasure. And for example in Economy, that means Champagne for all. In Business: Full Flat, Full Access (all seats in aisles) and Full Privacy. And La Première features transfer by private car from the airport lounge to the aircraft, where meals are prepared by starred chefs.

The 44 B777s should be completely refitted by mid-2016.

A few pictures of the event:
France is in the air
France is in the air
Economy
Economy
Economy
Economy
Premium economy
Premium economy
Premium economy
Premium economy
Business
Business
Business
Business
Business kits
Business kits
Business tableware
Business tableware
La Première
La Première
La Première kit
La Première kit
La Première tableware
La Première tableware
French Caviar tasting (served in First)
Former uniforms: Concorde dress
Former uniforms: Concorde dress
Former uniforms: Carven dress
Former Givenchy uniform
Former Givenchy uniform
André
ex Sabena #26567

Stij

Re: Air France presentation in Brussels

Post by Stij »

Thanks for tasting the caviar for us André! ;-)
sn26567 wrote:it will be possible to check baggage at the Air France desk of Brussels Midi station, until the final destination on Air France or any connecting Skyteam member airline.
As in "I hand over my luggage at check-in in Brussels South Station and see it again on the belt at my final destination?" Or do we still have to carry it around 2 railway stations?

Cheers,

Stij

b720

Post by b720 »

I avoid them at all cost...The train trip is hateful, double check in.. security at CDG.. the trip takes for ever..and the return is even worse, often having to wait at a damp dark drafty train station at CDG for an hour or 2 to take a train that makes a detour through Lille europe!!! No Thank you.
They need to resume their flights to BRU if they wish to tap on the premium market.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Stij wrote:As in "I hand over my luggage at check-in in Brussels South Station and see it again on the belt at my final destination?" Or do we still have to carry it around 2 railway stations?
You leave your luggage at Brussels South station and you pick it up in Bali, after taking a plane in CDG and changing planes in Singapore.

If you register your baggage the day before your trip, it is locked in a safe container for the night. The container travels in the baggage area of the TGV behind the "locomotive".
André
ex Sabena #26567

BRU

Post by BRU »

b720 wrote:I avoid them at all cost...The train trip is hateful, double check in.. security at CDG.. the trip takes for ever..and the return is even worse, often having to wait at a damp dark drafty train station at CDG for an hour or 2 to take a train that makes a detour through Lille europe!!! No Thank you.
They need to resume their flights to BRU if they wish to tap on the premium market.
100% agree. Flying a lot, most of the time in business class. Never Air France only for one reason: hate this train connection. Dropping your lugage is already a nice start, but far from enough to make a difference.

b-west

Re: Air France presents its new product in Brussels [pics]

Post by b-west »

It was quite a nice event. I was happy to see Billecart-Salmon will be served in business class. My favourite bubbles :)

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

b720 wrote:I avoid them at all cost...The train trip is hateful, double check in.. security at CDG.. the trip takes for ever..and the return is even worse, often having to wait at a damp dark drafty train station at CDG for an hour or 2 to take a train that makes a detour through Lille europe!!! No Thank you.
I totally agreed...I try to fly now only with KL through AMS...

Stij

Post by Stij »

sn26567 wrote:You leave your luggage at Brussels South station and you pick it up in Bali, after taking a plane in CDG and changing planes in Singapore.

If you register your baggage the day before your trip, it is locked in a safe container for the night. The container travels in the baggage area of the TGV behind the "locomotive".
Do I understand it right:

When you don;t check in the night before, you still have to carry your own bags, otherwise AF takes car of it?

If on the day before.... woehahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! Almost nobody is going to use that! Otherwise, I still prefer to connect in AMS, FRA, LHR or MUC.

Seriously... VLM, partner up with the frogs and offer feeder flights form ANR and hey, maybe even from LGG. Oops, I do apologize... you had bad experiences with them...

Cheers,

Stij

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

As I mentioned earlier, Stij: either the day before or on one of the three afternoon TGVs. Nothing is perfect!
André
ex Sabena #26567

fdfgd

Post by fdfgd »

Can't agree with you more ! I am very disappointed...