Connection on code-shared flights

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

convair

Connection on code-shared flights

Post by convair »

I'm not sure where this question should find its place. Here is the case:

Today's SN203 is cancelled; it is replaced (as mentioned by member SFM in the "SN fleet renewal" thread) by SN1203 at a later departing time.

I'm wondering what are the consequences for, say, an AC passenger from YUL who arrived today on AC832 in BRU and is booked on AC6346 (actually SN203) to DKR: SN203 is cancelled and SN1203 does not carry the AC code on the BRU website departures panel! By using another flight number for a delayed flight, is SN relieved of any of its obligations resulting from the code-sharing with AC?

crew1990

Re: Connection on code-shared flights

Post by crew1990 »

I just operated an Hifly flight from DKR to BRU (really comfortable seat by the way) there were the same number of pax booked than what we actually had onboard, so I guess that yes the code sharing agreement was working

convair

Post by convair »

crew1990 wrote:I just operated an Hifly flight from DKR to BRU (really comfortable seat by the way) there were the same number of pax booked than what we actually had onboard, so I guess that yes the code sharing agreement was working
If I'm not mistaken, you are an SN pilot or F/A. I thought these would be wet-leased flights. Is it all-SN crew then on these HiFly aircraft when they replace SN planes?

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

In case of wet lease, there is indeed the pilot and the cabin crew of the wet leased company, but there is 3 Brussels Airlines cabin crew too on the flight with commercial task only (no safety), to supervise the service, and to help the crew of the wet leased aircraft has there are not familiar with the service, the procedure (for example the UM, connection passenger etc...

convair

Post by convair »

Interesting. Thanks crew 1990.