Transavia's Mile High Club

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
Passenger

Transavia's Mile High Club

Post by Passenger »

On 24th October 2016, a Dutch civil judge has a case that will be discussed behind closed doors. Transavia demands an interdict against the (soon-to-be-ex) husband from a Transavia stewardess. The 46-year old lady kept a digital diary about her performances in the air and in hotels at location. The husband found the password for the diary and now threatens to release all data, including names, if she (= the stewardess) refuses a voluntary divorce. Transavia thus intervened with a court case, stating that a publication would damage its reputation.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/2678 ... it___.html

Stij

Re: Transavia's Mile High Club

Post by Stij »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This made my day!

I guess a lot of pilots are very nervous for the moment...

Cheers,

Stij

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Stij wrote:I guess a lot of pilots are very nervous for the moment...
... or stewards!

:D :D :D
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Passenger wrote:On 24th October 2016, a Dutch civil judge has a case that will be discussed behind closed doors. Transavia demands an interdict against the (soon-to-be-ex) husband from a Transavia stewardess. The 46-year old lady kept a digital diary about her performances in the air and in hotels at location. The husband found the password for the diary and now threatens to release all data, including names, if she (= the stewardess) refuses a voluntary divorce. Transavia thus intervened with a court case, stating that a publication would damage its reputation.
photo Airnieuws - http://airnieuws.nl

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Transavia statement in response to the article in De Telegraaf

Transavia was already aware of the accusations currently under discussion. We take these kinds of situations extremely seriously and have investigated the matter. Our investigation showed that the safety of our passengers has not been jeopardised at any time.

We are of the opinion that the spreading of private information is inappropriate, as it puts those involved in an embarrassing and compromising situation. An important principle of our personnel policy is to take care of our employees, which is why we have discussed this issue with all those involved. We do not feel that it is necessary to share the content of these talks.
André
ex Sabena #26567

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

I'm sure the PR department are quite happy with all the free press coverage!

Rgds,
Speedy

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

speedbird1 wrote:I'm sure the PR department are quite happy with all the free press coverage!
Yep, the press coverage is huge. Readers from De Telegraaf and other tabloids are laughing with it, but politicians don't. I saw an interview on tv yesterday with a politician, stating that Transavia will have to explain/confirm that safety was never at risk when an aircraft was flying on autopilot because of unavailability of both crew (one in the cabin, one in the cockpit).

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The parties seem to have reached an out-of-court settlement. The names of the (often married) pilots will not be disclosed.
André
ex Sabena #26567

chornedsnorkack

Post by chornedsnorkack »

Does Transavia know the names of the pilots who skipped duties, or did the names remain undisclosed to Transavia?