Aeroclub Rakovník feasted 70th birthday.

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

jan_olieslagers

Aeroclub Rakovník feasted 70th birthday.

Post by jan_olieslagers »

By kind invitation of a friend from another forum, I had the pleasure to be present at LKRK Rakovník airfield, the local aeroclub celebrated the 70 years of history. There was an abundant crowd of local audience, and the typical booths one sees at every fair (bumpy castles, fast food, beer, cheapo toys...), but there also was a fine display on Saturday afternoon. It included fly-by's and low passes by two Cz Air Force Saab Gripen jets, a CSA ATR, a Spitfire, and, most impressive, a shiny Lockheed Electra, a real beauty queen. Aerobatics were shown by a Su-50, a NA Texan, and more, but the one I liked best was a Zlin Trener. A slow low-powered plane, it could and did show spectacular maneuvers, and the low speed made it all so much more elegant. Even slower flight was demonstrated by the An-2 after it dropped its load of parajumpers, and yet more spectacular by a Praha Baby - how it verged at the edge of a powered stall was an incredible show of airmanship. The Czech have a strong tradition of aviation, one more illustration was given by four Zlin Treners in perfect formation flight.

What I most appreciated was the relaxed atmosphere of it all - no stress, no nerves, everybody smiling, even if this was a complex organisation with a multitude of factors to be taken care of.

A few pictures of mine are at http://imgur.com/a/MDTHn

I recommend Czechia to all who love small aviation, and even apart from that it makes a perfect holiday destination (beautiful historic cities, good ski slopes, very affordable bars and restaurants, just a day's driving from BE, what more could one want?)

And I will certainly return to Rakovník, at the very last for their next celebration. A solid word of recommendation on the LKRK aeroclub, they did a fantastic job.

sn26567

Re: Aeroclub Rakovník feasted 70th birthday.

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for sharing this nice experience. The Czech Republic is certainly worth the trip!
André
ex Sabena #26567