My nicest picture ever

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Robin_Bamps

My nicest picture ever

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Hello everybody,

I really love this one :

This authentic Piper Cub, built for the US Air Force in 1942, was captured at EBZW in the
afternoon of July 26th, 2004. in the background you can see the tower and clubhouse.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

AN124

Post by AN124 »

I don't have one specific picture I like best but a series.

You can find them at the following link: http://home.hetnet.nl/~margoenkyra/vertrek.htm

Pictures are showing the AN124 Ruslan that was grounded for 3,5 years at MST during it's departure in snowy weather.
Quality of the pictures is not that good because they are scanned.

Best Regards,
Yvo

concordino

Post by concordino »

Mr B - Is there any chance that you can put the name of the airport in your report, as well as the code. Do remember that not everyone has all the knowledge you do, Robin

For those who don't know EBZW is Genk-Zwartberg.

Concordino

(ps current identity - reason for visit etc would also be interesting)

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Hi Concordino,
Mr B - Is there any chance that you can put the name of the airport in your report, as well as the code.
I just wanted to share my favourite picture, not to write a complete report :wink:

Anyway, N55926 is a Piper L4-B Cub owned by S. Whelan and based in Reichelsheim near Frankfurt, Germany. The airplane visited EBZW for a WW2 memorial that will take place in Genk in early September.

The airplane is still in its original shape, complete with the old military FM-radio.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

concordino

Post by concordino »

Sorry to offend Robin but I would just like to see airfield names in reports, not 3 or 4 letter codes, some but by no means all, I have learnt. A name is much easier to identify, especially for the novice enthusiasts ( and our overseas visitors) who surf the forums here on Luchtzak.

Concordino
(On a jargon-busting crusade)

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your compliment about my picture.

The picture was made at EBZW Genk-Zwartberg ; not to confuse with EBZH Hasselt-Kiewit.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Comet

Post by Comet »

concordino wrote:Sorry to offend Robin but I would just like to see airfield names in reports, not 3 or 4 letter codes, some but by no means all, I have learnt. A name is much easier to identify, especially for the novice enthusiasts ( and our overseas visitors) who surf the forums here on Luchtzak.

Concordino
(On a jargon-busting crusade)
I agree with Concordino. The four-letter codes are very rarely used here in England, so whilst I know many three letter codes, I know very few four letter ones. And of course, if you just say Genk then I can place exactly where you mean!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise