PDL 11/07/2015

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

tangolima

PDL 11/07/2015

Post by tangolima »

Hello

My first and probably my last real spotting day in Ponta Delgada of this holiday. The weather was great, almost CAVOK and light wind. The airport has one big disadvantage...NOT MUCH SPOTTING LOCATIONS! Since the airport is located higher compared to the surroundings. Only 1 or 2 places are higher than the airport but at some locations streetlights are blocking the view. I went to an abandon sport complex (the locals say it's still open) but a horse was walking on the football field.... and in this 3 hours I only saw 1 guy who was more acting like being very drunk... But the entrance has 1 modern large gate and next to it a small door (only the last one was open) So I was hoping all the time not to get locked up :D And also one big disadvantage ALL spotting locations are only ideal after 16:00 untill sundown.

So seen between 1600 and 1900:
SATA-Air Acores DASH8-200 CS-TRB
SATA-Air Acores DASH8-200 CS-TRC
SATA-Air Acores DASH8-400 CS-TRE
SATA-Air Acores DASH8-400 CS-TRG
SATA International A320 CS-TKJ
SATA International A310 CS-TGU
SATA International A310 CS-TGV still in old livery
SATA International A310 CS-TKN
EasyJet A320 G-EZTL

I was really happy to catch all 3 A310's of SATA since in OCT2015 they will be replaced by A330's.

RWY For Arr: 30
RWY for Dep: 12 & 30 (All US & Canada bound flights + Easyjet to LIS took off from RWY30)

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !